Today we are 33 days into The Last Knight’s release. It’s been a couple of weeks since our last Last Knight earnings update. It’s worth revisiting to gauge the health of The Transformers movie franchise, and perhaps infer something from The Transformers as a brand in general, since many people only know Transformers in context of the movies.
In the US, after 33 days of release, The Last Knight has earned $127,561,805.
For comparison, after 33 days:
- The Transformers was at $294,441,536 in earnings
- Revenge of the Fallen was at 379,214,172 in earnings
- Dark of the Moon was at $338,007,725 in earnings
- Age of Extinction was at $237,875,634 in earnings
In China, The Last Knight currently sits at $226,824,834. If this number is not final, it will not grow by much.
For comparison, in China, the other movies earned:
- The Transformers earned $37,218,823
- Revenge of the Fallen earned $65,837,290
- Dark of the Moon earned $165,100,000
- Age of Extinction earned $320,000,000
Worldwide The Last Knight is at $547,761,805. This will not grow much beyond this number.
For comparison, worldwide, the other movies earned:
- The Transformers earned $709,709,780
- Revenge of the Fallen earned $836,303,693
- Dark of the Moon earned $1,123,794,079
- Age of Extinction earned $1,104,054,072
Worldwide, The Last Knight has more than doubled its production budget in earnings. Factoring in marketing and miscellaneous expenses, one can assume it’s close-ish to doubling that number.
The movie is a huge disappointment domestically, and has really under-performed internationally, especially compared to the two previous movies. What this means for the future is still to be determined, however we discuss this and other implications in detail in the following two episodes of Radio Free Cybertron:
- Radio Free Cybertron – 526: Maybe it’s not just The Last Knight in decline?
- Radio Free Cybertron – 525: Last Knight, First Failure?
The data for this was sourced from Brian’s favorite website, Box Office Mojo.