Amazon Spain answers some questions. In Spanish.
The DeLorean Time Machine Transformer now appears to have a name, as well as some of its design features revealed thanks to some early-released product copy.
During the Fan First Friday stream on June 26th, the Hasbro reps said we could expect to learn more about the Collaborative Back to The Future project “next week”. As we’re almost at the end of the referenced next week, hopefully that’s planned to happen later today or tomorrow, July 3rd, where we’d get an actual first look at this toy. In the meantime, here’s what we’ve learned.
- The name appears to be “Gigowatt”. As printed on the Amazon Spain page, it’s spelled Gigovatio. “Gigavatio” is the Spanish word for the electrical measurement “gigawatt”, and taking a common-use word and modifying it slightly for reasons relating to trademark is normal practice.
- From the URL of the page including the phrase “project future Deluxe” we can assume that this at least started its existence with the engineering of a Deluxe toy, whether or not the final product is itself consistent with typical Deluxe sizing.
- Features that are described include opening gull-wing doors, and wheels that fold in to recreate the hover mode. These could suggest a somewhat bigger toy with more complexity, but it’s too early to make a definitive call either way.
We’ve copied the full, machine-translated and somewhat cleaned up listing text below. Hopefully we’ll get the official announcement very soon so we can clear up the last of our questions about this toy.
- Through Transformers Collaborative, fans can watch these characters team up, merge, and reunite with other characters, teams, and people who share the same quality
- When Marty and Doc Brown need to travel through time, Gigovatio is ready to fly. This time-traveling Autobot commemorates 35 years of Back to the Future
- Gigowatt features details inspired by the Back to the Future movie, including goggles like those worn by Doc Brown, a chest piece with a flux capacitor, and time circuits. Comes with launcher and whip antenna. Convert from robot to time machine mode in 17 steps
- In time machine mode, the Gigowatt figure features gull-wing doors that open and articulated wheels that rotate to simulate a displacement effect like the one seen at the end of the film.
- Can time travelers beat the clock?
Behind the Transformers robots there has always been more than meets the eye, but now, through Transformers Collaborative, fans can watch these great characters team up, merge and reunite with other characters, teams and people who share the same special quality. Great Scott! Worlds collide in this Transformers-Back to the Future Fusion Pack! The iconic time machine from the 1985 film Back to the Future is now Gigovatio, a time-traveling Transformers robot! When Marty and Doc Brown need to travel through time, Gigovatio is ready to fly! This Gigovatio figure features details inspired by the Back to the Future movie, including glasses like the ones Doc Brown wears, a chest piece with a flux capacitor, and time circuits. In time machine mode, the gull wing doors open and the wheels rotate to create a scrolling effect like the one seen on the screen. Also includes launcher and whip antenna. Convert from robot to time machine in 17 steps.
Thanks to all of our Patrons who are making this possible! Join our Patreon and let’s make awesome stuff happen!